Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: a7-5000 any info?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member tallboy3's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recieved a pair of altec A7-5000s from my dad recently. He got them out of a studio in the early 70s. They have a beautiful wood finish and are very different from the A7s I have found in my research. Im looking for any info I can on these speakers. All I really Know is that they ROCK. I also have a blown horn driver in one of them and that is the main reason I started this quest. If anybody knows anything please let me know

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You probably meant A7-500's. The horn driver should be sent to Bill Hanuschack at Great Plains Audio (the contact info is contained in the links section). It may behoove you to send both in so the magnets can be re-magnitized. Great speakers. Enjoy.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OOps, I re-read what you were saying. Probably A7 magnificants. Please send me a picture and I will let you know. The info on the horn driver was accurate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.